Tryout/Registration for Fall 2016/17 Travel season has closed.
Tryouts for Fall/Spring 2017/18 are tentatively scheduled for mid May 2017
All players who are interested are encouraged to tryout in May. You will need to register in order to tryout. Registration for Tryouts will open in April 2017
Information concerning tryouts will be emailed directly to members. If you not a current member, but would like to receive information, please click on CREATE ACCOUNT/SIGN IN on the main menu above to create an account and receive club information.
Travel participants are accepted into the program via a tryout process and are extended an offer to play for a particular travel team. Games are typically on Sunday’s with an occasional Saturday game, and are held throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. area. Teams also participate in tournaments throughout the region as well as off-season conditioning. Coaches are expected to hold at least a “D” License.
CLICK HERE to read FAQ's on the age group changes from US Soccer.
CLICK HERE for the travel tryout schedule for 2016-17.
Do you have 3 or more players? Call the office to receive your discount. 540.657.0734
Stafford Soccer’s Travel program operates under a Club Team Format, as outlined below:
· All Coaches will be contracted to the Club and paid by the Club
· All players will have a fee that is payable to Stafford Soccer and will cover the items detailed below
· Fees will vary by team based on applicable League fees/Coach fee
· Each Age group will have an Age Group Coordinator
· The AGC will monitor the development of all players in their assigned age group
· The AGC will work with each team in their age group (Blue/White/Black)
· Travel is a year long commitment spanning the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 Season.
Items included in the Club fee:
· League Fee (NCSL, WAGS, ODSL)
· Coach Fee
· Up to 2 Tournaments per season (up to $1,200 entry fee per season)
· Age Group Coordinator
· Technical Staff
· County Field Fee
Items to be handled by the Team Manager/Treasurer (not included):
· Uniform Orders- Fees are additional and vary, however a new player can expect to pay approx. $130 for the required uniform pieces. There are many optional choices as well, i.e. warm ups, club bag, etc. There will be a new uniform kit Fall 2015 (2 year cycle). All travel participants will be purchasing new uniforms during the summer of 2015 which will remain the same for two years.
· Other miscellaneous items (Winter/summer camps, facility rentals, Team Spirit wear)
The Club fee for each player can be paid in full or the following two other options:
· Initial fee of $100 by June 22, 2016 and 6 equal payments due on the 20th of each month July through December
· Two equal payments. Due by June 22, 2016 and Oct 20, 2016
Club fee budgeted allocation:
· 56% Personnel/Support Expenses
· 4% Education/Licensing Program
· 1% Equipment/supplies
· 13% League Fees (VYSA, ODSL, WAGS, NCSL)
· 26% Tournament, Field, Registration, Advertising Fees
Please call the office at 540.657.0734 for current Travel fees for your age group. CLICK HERE for the Travel age chart for 2016-17.
By paying the initial payment, the player’s parent/guardian is agreeing to pay the balance in-full by the due date. Please CLICK HERE for the Travel Program refund policy. Players with late payments (after the 20th of each month) will result in the removal from the team roster and inability to play or practice.
2015-16 PARENT INFORMATION DOCUMENT FOR U9-U14
2015-16 PARENT INFORMATION DOCUMENT FOR U15 & UP