Travel participants are accepted into the program via a tryout process and are extended an offer to play for a particular travel team. Games are typically on Sunday’s with an occasional Saturday game, and are held throughout Virginia and the Washington, D.C. area. Teams also participate in tournaments throughout the region as well as off-season conditioning. Coaches are expected to hold at least a “D” License.
For the 2016-17 Travel Seasonal Year we will have the following age groups:
U9/2008 Boys & Girls **Please see info below
U10/2007 Boys & Girls **Please see info below
U11/2006 Boys & Girls
U12/2005 Boys & Girls
U13/2004 Boys & Girls
U14/2003 Boys & Girls
U15/2002 Boys & Girls
U16/2001 Boys & Girls
U17/2000 Boys & Girls
U18/1999 Boys & Girls
U19 & U20 Aug 1 1997- Dec 31 1998 Boys & Girls
**U9/U10 Travel Development Program
Stafford Soccer is excited to announce our newly revamped U9/U10 Travel Development Program (TDP). This program is designed to create a training atmosphere for our young players to develop valuable technical skills in a less stressful environment. The TDP will allow our players and families to smoothly transition into the travel program while continuing to focus on individual player development.
The TDP will consist of a pool of players at each age group that will be selected by the Club’s Technical Staff and Staff Coaches through a tryout process. This program will focus highly on the technical and mental components of the game. The emphasis of this program is to establish a strong foundation of technical skills along with the ability to make quick, smart decisions on the field.
· Training twice a week with pool of players
· Less focus on “team” more focus on individual player development.
· Sessions run by Club’s Director of Player Development, Nick Foglesong and Club’s Technical Director, Barry Hill.
· Games on weekends
· Games against local travel clubs, older Revolution Academy teams and in-house games between age groups. Schedule will be determined by the Club’s Technical Staff.
· Players will participate in festivals / tournaments with local travel clubs.
· Increase player development by increasing number of touches on the ball
· Less stressful environment
· Reduced weekend travel compared to other Select leagues
· Winter training included
· Smooth Transition from Recreation and Academy to Travel
· $600 for the Seasonal Year 2016-17 per player
· Uniforms will be an additional cost
*FIRST TRYOUT FOR THE U9/U10 TDP IS SET FOR MONDAY, MAY 23 rdAt Embrey Mill Complex 6:00pm - 7:00pm
*2nd TRYOUT IS FRIDAY JUNE 3 at Embrey Mill complex 5:30pm - 6:30pm*