The Stafford Soccer Technical Staff will make the final decisions on all play-up requests.
The following are the Stafford Soccer Travel policies in regards to play-ups:
1) The age of a player must be established before tryouts begin.
2) New players must attend age appropriate tryouts first, if they would like to be considered for playing up they should indicate that when registering at the first tryout. They will be assessed by coaches of both of the affected age groups. The coach from the younger age group will make the primary decision. The Club’s Technical Staff will make the final decision.
3) Play-ups of more than one year will not be considered
4) Current travel players who are playing up will be assessed by their current age group. The club’s Technical Staff will make the final decision on the player’s placement.
5) U9-U13 waivers – the prime consideration for a play-up at these age groups is player development and if playing one year up will challenge the player. This typically means that age up requests will only be granted to the blue team.
6) High school age (U14 and above) waivers – teams need to work and coordinate player composition and ages with the Technical Staff; move ups to play with school year peers will be considered at these age groups. This typically affects players born between August 1st and September 30.